Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Giver

'Tis better to give than receive, isn't that how the saying goes? I have discovered something hidden deep inside me. Something terrifying. Something I'm scared to even admit. I'm as surprised as anyone: I really enjoy buying/wrapping baby gifts. And (if I may say so) I am good at it. Yikes!

Exhibit A:

Baby bottle tower. The paper is all that was available to me, so this could've been better than it turned out to be. But I still like it. This is 6 individually wrapped baby bottles, taped together to form a tower (or using a little imagination, a cake).

Exhibit B (full frontal view):


Gift card set. 3 envelopes: 1 for "mama bear", 1 for "papa bear" and 1 for "baby bear", a.k.a. big 'ol question mark (sex of baby unknown). These are tied together at the upper left hand corner with the orange ribbon but spread out for your viewing pleasure. Mama Bear's envelope contains a gift card to Victoria's Secret, Baby Bear's contains a gift card to Gymboree and Papa Bear's has a gift card to Happy Harry's, booze warehouse extraordinaire.

Here's the back view:

I have to get some props for my creativity so my name is in CAPS. Along with some straight-from-Dora-activity-book stickers. Don't you just love it?!

I did not actively seek (but totally wanted) to win title of "most creative gift" for Exhibit B and I did, according to Mr. & Mrs. Bear. Hooray for me!

An etiquette note: The bottles in Exhibit A came from the registry. The gift cards in Exhibit B I know are useful. I wouldn't dream of giving unnecessary/unusable/off-registry items. I am trying not to piss off the gift gods, lest I be stuck with hand crouched oven mitts or awkward religious wall hangings one day in the future.

I'm looking for a little ego stroking here. These are cute, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment