Monday, November 23, 2009

Memory Lane Monday #9

It's been a while for the MLM, hasn't it? An embaressing while - sorry about that, my bad. But I have plenty of new inspiration from the most exciting thing to hit my life in months (years?):



I can't really put into words how I feel about this Fox (funny Fox, not dipshit psycho Fox - there's a big diff) show. It's like my-hatred-of-the-world meets a musical. And need I repeat my wish for my life to turn into an around the clock musical? I think not.

Plus, in true Hollywood style of "25 year old teenagers and 35-year old parents" (direct Jack McFarland quote) I have found the love of my life:



I'd let this Canadian man child teen impregnant me any day, even though I'm well past the possibility of that happening (as is he).

Glee is not all delightful snark and singing, though. Glee has had me crying like a b!tch on more than one occasion (ususally wine fueled, I must admit). Particularly when Kurt (I LOVE KURT) came out of the closet to his rough-and-tough single dad and Sue visited her sister with Downs Syndrome.

Holy, am I off track here. This reads more like a love letter to Glee than a proper MLM. Let's get to the tunes, the most recently aired song on my fave show ever:



"Lean on Me" by Club Nouveau

Love. This. Song. I was thrilled to hear it on Glee (even though I am so over the story line it centers around). I'd like to dedicate this song to my guuuurl Sara "Chuckles" Cook. Holla atcha boy, girl. Make sure that fridge is strapped in nice and tight. (Apologies for the inside joke)

One last Glee-related note: Does anybody else recognize Kurt's dad, Mike O'Malley, from the old Nickelodean show Guts? Because I totally do. And that makes me awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I remember singing this song when we would ride around in the impala. I heart Glee more than I would like to admit and long for the day when you and I can sit on the couch and watch it together much like the times when we used to sit on my bro's couch and read Maxim.
    P.S. I was seriously LOLing at the inside joke. "All strapped in up there?" Timeless.

    ReplyDelete