Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Viva la Mexico

A bunch of my gringo amigos and I got together on Cinco de Mayo (that's May 5th for those who don't hablo espanol) and did what no Mexican in the history of Mexico has ever done: partied like a rockstar on Cinco de Mayo.

I'm not feeling particularly verbose at the moment so let's make this a post in pictures.  You can't have a Cinco de Mayo party without....


Tacos y sombreros for all.


Margaritas made of freshly squeezed lime juice (hell yeah).


Whackin' a pinata (the first of my lifetime).


CANDY!


Tequila shots!


And of course, juggling limes after the tequila shots.

"You know you don't need to get drunk on Cinco de Mayo - you're 30" a grown-up friend of mine pointed out.  I will have you know this is the first May 5th that I've ever "celebrated" this "holiday" in all my years.

If someone is offering me a Sunday of day drinking, Mexican food and wearing funny hats then dang nam it I ain't going to refuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment